Two popular family attractions in Ireland, Bunratty Castle and the Cliffs of Moher, are not included in the OPW Heritage Pass.
If you plan to visit both attractions on the same day- which is entirely do~able- I recommend purchasing a special joint ticket from Shannon Heritage. The ticket price of €12 for adults and €6.50 for children includes entrance and parking at both sites, a savings of nearly 50%. As with any great offer, there are a few things you should know:
- This offer is only available online.
- The date must be chosen in advance, up to a day before.
- The ticket will allow customers to visit Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, The Cliffs of Moher, The Atlantic Edge at the Cliffs of Moher and park at the Cliffs.
Shannon Heritage also handles the bookings for Medieval Castle Banquets at Bunratty, Knappogue and Dunguaire Castles, as well as Traditional Irish Night at Bunratty Castle. Check the Special Offers page for current deals.
Tips for Visiting the Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle
- Visit the Cliffs of Moher first. You will spend less time at the cliffs- not more than a couple hours.
- Grab lunch on your way to Bunratty. I highly recommend a quick drive north to Doolin for fish & chips at Gus O’Connor’s Pub (the best I’ve ever tasted).
- Bunratty Castle has a fun wooden castle play area, plenty of room to run and explore and lots of animals- the Irish Wolfhounds are gorgeous.
- For a quick snack or hearty dinner, pop into the pub in the village of Bunratty in the Folk Park.
- If the kids are young, ages 5 and up, consider the Traditional Irish Night at Bunratty Castle.
- For older children (teens) or adults only, the Medieval Banquet is an entertaining evening- just try not to get thrown in the dungeon, you might miss dinner.
The Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty castle are both terrific sites to put on your itinerary for fun family vacations in Ireland.
© 2012 – 2013, Jody Halsted. All rights reserved.